If the Get Help app is unable to resolve your camera issue, do these steps first before working through the possible solutions listed:
- Check for updates. Select Start, then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- Restart your PC.
- Test your camera with the Camera app.
How do I troubleshoot my laptop camera?
How do I fix my laptop camera if it’s not working?
- Run the Hardware troubleshooter.
- Update the laptop camera driver.
- Reinstall the laptop camera.
- Install driver in compatibility mode.
- Roll back driver.
- Check your antivirus software.
- Check the camera privacy settings.
- Create a new user profile.
How do you troubleshoot a camera?
How to Fix a Webcam Not Working
- Check your antivirus settings.
- Plug the webcam into a different computer.
- Check the device connection.
- Check the USB port.
- Make sure the correct device is enabled.
- Consult the manufacturer.
- Update the webcam drivers (Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7).
Why is my computer not detecting camera?
1. Try connecting the camera to a different USB terminal. If there are multiple USB terminals on your computer, connecting the cable to a different USB terminal may allow the camera to be recognized by the computer. The computer should recognize the camera once the USB cable is changed and reconnected to the computer.
How do I test my webcam on Windows 10?
Follow the steps below:
- Click the “Start” button located in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Type “Camera” in the search bar and hit the “Enter” key.
- Grant access to your mic, webcam, and location if required.
- When the camera app appears, you’ll see yourself on the screen.
Why is my built in camera not working?
The main cause is usually incompatible, outdated, or corrupt driver software. It could also be that the webcam is disabled in Device Manager, the Settings app, or BIOS or UEFI. In Windows 10, the “webcam not working” issue can be fixed using the system option that manages webcam usage for your apps.
How can I test my laptop camera?
Type webcammictest.com into your browser’s address bar. Click the Check My Webcam button on the website’s landing page. When the pop-up permission box appears, click Allow. Your webcam’s feed should then appear in the black box on the right-hand side of the page, indicating that the camera is working.
Why my webcam is not working in laptop?
If it’s external, is it properly plugged in? You may need to try to unplug and re plug it. Try plugging the webcam into a different USB port. This means that the webcam hardware is working correctly and the problem is most likely related to the Operating System not providing access to the webcam for the Proctortrack.
How do I turn on my webcam on Windows 10?
How Do I Enable My Webcam on Windows 10?
- Go to Windows > Settings > Privacy.
- Under App Permissions, select Camera.
- At the top, you should see whether or not access to your camera device is turned on or off.
- Under Allow apps to access your camera, you should have that turned on as well.
What do you do when your camera is not in Device Manager?
How do I fix camera missing in Device Manager?
- Open the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
- Turn on the webcam in Windows 10.
- Update the webcam driver.
- Manually add the webcam to Device Manager.
- Reset Windows 10.
How do I reinstall my built in camera on my laptop?
Reinstall the Integrated Camera driver.
- Search for and select device manager. Find the camera under the Cameras section.
- Right-click the camera and select Scan for hardware changes.
- Wait for the scan to reinstall updated drivers. Restart the PC, and then try opening the Camera app.
How do I fix error 0xa00f4244?
How can I fix 0xa00f4244 Camera error in Windows 10?
- Check drivers. Right-click the Start menu and choose Device Manager.
- Run the Store Apps Troubleshooter. Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Scan for malware.
- Tweak the registry.
- Repair Microsoft Store.
- Use a third-party camera app.