Line the inside of the front of the box with black paper or tape, leaving the hole open. Tape a 1-inch square of aluminum foil over the square hole, and make a small pinhole in the center of the foil. When you aren’t taking a picture, you need to cover the pinhole with black paper.
What is required to create the pinhole camera?
In its simplest form, the photographic pinhole camera can consist of a light-tight box with a pinhole in one end, and a piece of film or photographic paper wedged or taped into the other end. This piece is then taped to the inside of the light-tight box behind a hole cut through the box.
How can I make a homemade camera?
First, gather your materials:
- A cylindrical container—an old coffee can or oatmeal container will work.
- Some flat black paint (not glossy)
- Heavy duty aluminum foil.
- A sewing needed (no.
- Black tape.
- A piece of black paper that covers most of the canister bottom.
- Photographic paper or film.
- Scissors or a craft knife.
What does a pinhole camera produces?
A pinhole camera produces a real, inverted image which is smaller in size than the object.
What film do you use for a pinhole camera?
When you make a pinhole camera to accept roll or sheet film, use a small, light-tight can or box as the camera body. You can use any can that has a tight-fitting top. A 2-pound coffee can makes a good pinhole camera.
How do you make a pinhole camera out of cardboard?
- Materials. 2 pieces of white card stock.
- Cut a square hole. Cut a square hole into the middle of one of your pieces of card stock.
- Tape foil over the hole. Tape a piece of aluminum foil over the hole.
- Poke a hole in the foil.
- Try it out.
- Get creative.
How do you make a pinhole camera with a Pringles tube?
Close one eye and hold the tube up to your other eye. You want the inside of the tube to be as dark as possible-so cup your hands around the opening of the tube if you need to. Look around your yard through the tube. The lid makes a screen that shows you upside-down color pictures!