Plug an Ethernet cable (a.k.a. Cat 5 cable) into the Ethernet socket of the network camera, then plug the other end to the router (a.k.a. gateway or access point). If this network camera does not have Wi-Fi, this may be the only step needed for the network configuration. Find the IP address of the network camera.
How do I find the IP address of my IP camera?
Firstly go to the My Camera page in the app, tap the arrow to the right of the camera and then select the ” Edit camera ” symbol. You will then be taken to the Edit Camera screen, from here tap Advanced Settings, then on the Advanced Settings page tap About device. The cameras IP address will be shown under “local”.
Why won’t my IP camera connect?
Make Sure There Is No Signal Interference. If there is a bad reach, the IP camera can’t find your WiFi signal, and it cannot connect to the WiFi. The IP camera should not be too far from the router. Check the distance between the IP camera and the router.
How does a WiFi IP camera work?
How does an IP Camera Work? IP cameras capture images in much the same way as a digital camera, and compress the files to transmit over the network. IP cameras may be used with a wired network connected via ethernet cable to a broadband modem or router, or wirelessly via a WiFi router.
How do I connect my IP camera to my phone?
Follow the steps below to connect to an IP Camera using your mobile phone:
- Open the internet browser of your smartphone.
- Type on the browser’s address bar the WAN IP address following with the assigned port separated by a colon.
- Type “admin” on the username.
- Here you will see the IP Camera web Client, with 3 options.
Why won’t my cameras connect to my Wi-Fi?
If the connection is poor, if possible, reduce the distance between the camera and your Wi-Fi router. Consider a wired installation or consult your internet provider for solutions. If the camera is online you can check the Wi-Fi strength in the app. Go to ‘Options’ in the list view of the camera.
How do I connect my P2P IP camera to Wi-Fi?
1) This manual shows in a few easy steps how to use the camera via P2P and wifi, so ”plug and play”, via your smartphone or tablet. 2) Take the camera out of the box. 3) Connect the power adaptor to the IP camera. 4) Connect a RJ45 network cable to your camera and the other end to your router or switch.
How can I see my security cameras on my phone?
How to Connect Your Security Camera(s) to Your Phone
- Install our security camera mobile app on your device.
- Launch the surveillance app and add your security camera(s)
- Click the security camera(s) linked to your cell phone and enjoy live viewing.
What is the difference between IP camera and Wi-Fi camera?
Wider Coverage: The maximum connection distance of PoE IP cameras is 100 meters, ten times than the Wi-Fi ones. In other words, Wi-Fi cameras need to be within a 10-meter radius of the router signal, while PoE IP cameras can be installed up to 100 meters from its network switch.
What is IP camera activation password?
0) IP cameras HIKVISION supplied to IP address 192.0. 0.64 and the default password is 12345.
How do IP address work?
An IP address is a 32-bit number. It uniquely identifies a host (computer or other device, such as a printer or router) on a TCP/IP network. IP addresses are normally expressed in dotted-decimal format, with four numbers separated by periods, such as 192.168. 123.132.