When your camera isn’t working in Windows 11, it might be missing drivers after a recent update. It’s also possible that your anti-virus program is blocking the camera, your privacy settings don’t allow camera access for some apps, or there’s a problem with the app you want to use.
How do I activate the camera on my laptop?
How to Enable / Disable Camera (or Webcam) in Windows 10
- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows + I shortcut key, or clicking the Settings icon from the Start Menu in Windows 10.
- From the Settings window, click Privacy.
- Choose Camera in the left pane. You’ll see an option that says “Let apps use my camera“.
How do I fix my camera on my laptop?
How to Fix a Webcam Not Working
- Check your antivirus settings.
- Plug the webcam into a different computer.
- Check the device connection.
- Check the USB port.
- Make sure the correct device is enabled.
- Consult the manufacturer.
- Update the webcam drivers.
- Change your webcam system settings.
How do I fix my camera on my laptop Windows 10?
Check Privacy in Windows Settings and make sure you have allowed Camera app and other apps to use the camera. Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter: right click Start menu > click Search > enter Troubleshooting > open the tool and click Hardware and Devices. Run this troubleshooter. Reinstall or update webcam driver.
How do I unblock my camera on my laptop?
- Click the Start Button (Windows icon) in bottom left of desktop.
- Select Settings.
- Click Privacy.
- Scroll through the list on the left to find Camera and select Camera.
- Under Allow Device To Access Camera click the Change button and make sure it is switched on.
How do I check if my laptop camera is working?
Type webcammictest.com into your browser’s address bar. Click the Check My Webcam button on the website’s landing page. When the pop-up permission box appears, click Allow. Your webcam’s feed should then appear in the black box on the right-hand side of the page, indicating that the camera is working.
Why is my camera black on my laptop?
An outdated or corrupted software driver will cause a webcam black screen on Windows 10. Updating your Windows and drivers will quickly solve the laptop camera showing a black screen. You should also check if your USB port is working and plug your webcam into another one.
What to do when camera is not working?
How to Fix Camera Not Working on Android
- Reboot device.
- Switch off device.
- Recharge device battery if low.
- Clear App Data.
- Check if another app is actively using the camera.
- Check camera app permissions.
- Force Stop the camera app.
- Remove any third-party camera apps.
Why isn’t my camera working on my Dell laptop?
If your laptop can’t detect your webcam, there are several ways you can go. It may be a driver issue, in which case you can reinstall the webcam software driver, update it, or go back to the previous version. If it’s not the driver that’s causing the problem, you can try disabling the cam and enabling it again.
How do I open my camera on my laptop Windows 10?
To open up your webcam or camera, select the Start button, then select All apps, and then select Camera in the list of apps. If you have multiple cameras, you can switch between them by selecting Change Camera at the top right once the Camera app is opened.
Why is my camera not working windows ten?
In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your camera, and then select Properties. In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.