Why Ring Devices Can Go Offline You temporarily lose power. A wire in your router setup temporarily comes loose. You change your Wi-Fi network password. Your Ring device is suffering from low power due to a discharged battery.
How do I get my Ring camera back online?
Follow these steps to reconnect your doorbell or security camera wifi in the Ring App:
- Tap on the three lines on the top left.
- Tap Devices.
- Select doorbell or security camera you need to reconnect to wifi. The next screen is the Device Dashboard.
- Tap on Device Health.
- Tap on Reconnect to Wifi or Change Wifi Network.
How do I fix my offline Ring?
Unplug your router for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. See if your Ring Doorbell automatically reconnects. Turn off the power to your Ring Pro at the breaker box for 30 seconds, then turn it back on. See if your Ring Doorbell automatically reconnects.
What happens when Ring is offline?
Your Ring Alarm is designed to safeguard your most valuable possession, your home. Note: If the Base Station goes offline, you will be unable to access or control your devices through the app, but your device will remain armed, and the Ring Alarm siren will still function.
How do I reconnect my wireless Ring?
To reset/reconnect Wi-Fi on the Ring Doorbell:
- Remove the doorbell from its mount.
- Log into the Ring app and tap the menu icon.
- Select your doorbell, followed by “Device Health” and “Change Wi-Fi Network.”
- Press the orange button on the back of your Ring.
- Use your phone to connect to the Ring.
Why is my Ring camera not working?
The most common causes of not being able to do a Live View or see a recorded video are: A poor connection between your mobile device and the internet. Slow internet upload and download speeds. A poor connection between your Ring device and your router.
How do I reset my Ring camera?
Ring Spotlight Cam Battery
- Find the setup button on the top of the camera.
- Press and hold the setup button for 10 seconds.
- The light on the front of the camera will flash for several minutes; when the light turns off the reset is complete.
Does turning off Wi-Fi disable Ring?
If you remove the Wi-Fi connection from the equation, the Video Doorbell will not be able to connect to the internet and will not be able to transmit any data to your smartphone. So, to make it clear: Yes, you need a Wi-Fi internet connection to use a Ring Video Doorbell.
Why cant my Ring find my Wi-Fi?
If Wi-Fi is not showing up on your Ring device during setup, it may be because your cellular data is interfering with the device. In order to do this, you may need to disable cellular data on your phone. Make sure the option to use cellular data as a backup when Wi-Fi isn’t available is unchecked.