Share your camera with an app invitation
- With a computer, sign in at home.nest.com.
- Select the camera that you want to share and click Settings in the top right corner.
- Click Camera sharing.
- Select a sharing option:
- Click Agree & Share.
- A link will be created for your camera.
How do I share my nest with family?
Give someone Full Access
- Open the Nest app.
- If you have more than one home in the Nest app, make sure that the one you want to grant access to is active on the app home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Family & Guests.
- Tap Add a person.
- Enter the person’s name as you’d like it to appear in the app and tap Continue.
Can you share a nest camera?
Click the Settings gear icon in the top-right corner. Click “Camera sharing” button in the Settings menu. Here, you can choose whether to protect your Nest Cam feed with a password. If you choose “Share publicly”, your feed won’t be posted anywhere, but anyone with the link will be able to watch.
Can a nest camera be on two accounts?
You can create as many Nest accounts as you wish, as long as each account uses a different email address. You can then create, or accept invitations for, up to two more homes with each account.
Can multiple people control one nest?
Owners can invite other people to share control of the Nest products in their home. Each person with access has a separate Nest account, and can control Nest devices in the owner’s home. They can do almost everything that the owner can.
How do I add someone to my nest account?
To use the new feature, you’ll need to install the latest version of the app (iOS | Android). After updating, the new app will walk you through inviting a family member to share your Nest account. It’s simple; you only need to enter an email address for the individual.
How do I give Google Nest permissions?
Google Nest Permissions
- Open Brilliant Mobile App.
- Tap on the Room where the Google Nest device is assigned to.
- Tap the Pencil icon in the top right corner.
- Tap on the Settings icon on the Google Nest device row.
- Tap the “Change Permissions” button.
How do I add another camera to my Nest account?
On the home screen, tap Add device or service. Tap New device. Choose the home you want to add your camera to, or select Add another home to create a new one.
How do I share my camera?
Start camera sharing
- Tap the Camera icon in the lower menu.
- In the preview, tap Share. If prompted, tap Allow.
- Your camera feed will be shared at the bottom of the screen. You can move this feed to different corners of the device screen.
Can you have Nest cameras at different locations?
If you have more than one home in the Google Home or Nest app, you can move a camera or doorbell from one home to another. Simply remove it from your account in the app, select the new home in the app, then follow your device’s set up instructions.
How many Nest Protects can I have on one account?
Up to 10 Nest Protects can be used with the same Nest account, in one or multiple locations.
How do I share my Nest thermostat with other users?
To share your Nest Thermostat with another user, start by opening up the Nest app and tapping on the settings gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen. Next, tap on “Family”. Tap on “Add a family member” on the next screen. You’ll have two options to choose from: “From contacts” or “Enter email address”.
Can you have Nest app on two phones?
There are multiple users of the Nest smart thermostat. You can create accounts for multiple family members with one person being the owner. They can install the app on their phones so they can do things.
Why does my nest not know I’m away?
Nest thermostat behaviors Manually set it to your preferred heating or cooling mode, and it will resume automatically switching again. The time it takes for your thermostat to switch your home to Away (and switch itself to Eco Temperatures) can vary.