To reset your Arlo Go camera while it is not connected to the cloud:
- Press and release the sync button on the top of the camera. You hear a click.
- Hold the camera about 4 to 8 inches (10 to 20 cm) in front of this QR code until you hear a chime: Your Arlo Go camera is reset to factory default settings.
How do I get my Arlo camera back online?
Log out of the Arlo app on your mobile device or web browser and log back in again. If your camera still appears offline in the Arlo app, visit Arlo Support to speak with an expert. The LED blinks blue and purple. The camera is connecting to the network and the cloud.
How do you reset Arlo for new owner?
Use a small paper clip or something narrow enough to press and hold the Reset button on the base station for approx. 10 seconds. The LEDs on the base station will let you know it has been reset when the color turns yellow. When your base station’s LEDs stop flashing it has rebooted.
Why is my Arlo camera not working?
Unplug your Arlo Go camera, remove the battery, reinsert the battery, and notice the camera LED behavior when the door is closed. If your camera is still offline, try moving it to an area with better mobile coverage. If that does not work, you might need to reset your Arlo Go camera and set it up again.
How do I hard reset my camera?
Depending on your camera:
- Select MENU → Settings → Initialize → OK.
- Select MENU → Setup → Initialize → Reset Default or Factory Reset.
- Select MENU → Setup → Navigate to Setting Reset → Camera Settings Reset or Initialize.
How do you reset Arlo camera after power outage?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
- Turn off and unplug the modem.
- Turn off the modem router and computers.
- Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
- Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
- Turn on the computers.
Why is my Arlo not connecting?
Make sure that your router is powered on. If the Internet LED lights solid amber, your base station is connected to your router, but is unable to connect to the Arlo cloud server. If the Internet LED lights green, perform a factory reset on your base station and try the installation process again.
How do I factory reset my Arlo?
To factory reset your camera while it is connected to the cloud:
- Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.
- Tap or click Settings > My Devices and select the camera you want to reset.
- Tap or click Remove Device.
- Tap or click Yes to confirm that you want to remove the camera from your account.
How do I reset my Arlo Pro camera?
To factory reset your Arlo wire-free camera:
- Press and hold the sync button on the the camera for about 15 seconds, until the camera LED begins blinking amber, then let go.
- Ensure that the camera LED blinks amber three times.
- To re-add your Arlo camera to the Arlo app:
Can I sell my Arlo system?
Selling your Pro 2 Camera System is easy and free Swappa is the safest way to sell your Arlo Pro 2 Camera System online and get paid fast. Our PayPal-based system also gives you and the buyer strong protections and peace of mind during a sale.
How do you resync Arlo lights?
If your light still does not sync after trying these steps, try power cycling the light:
- Disconnect your Arlo Security Light’s AC adapter and remove the battery.
- Wait at least 20 seconds.
- Plug the light back in or reinsert the battery.
- Attempt to sync the light again.
How do I restore my camera?
- Go to Settings → Apps.
- Select the “All” tab (to list pre-installed apps as well)
- Scroll the list to find your camera app. Check whether it is marked “disabled”. if so: tap that entry, hit the “Enable” button, done.
- Repeat previous step for your gallery app.
How do I restart my camera?
Method 1: Restart the Camera Exit the camera app on your Android. Wait for few minutes and then tap on the Camera icon to restart the app. This should fix the error, ‘unfortunately camera has stopped working’. The method is usually helpful when you have left your camera on for longer period or put it at standby mode.
What happens if I reset my camera?
The Reset Default or Camera Settings function only resets the shooting settings of the camera to their default settings. Do not turn the camera off while resetting. The camera may show a blank screen for approximately 10 seconds after performing a reset. This is a normal operation and not a malfunction on the camera.