Locate the reset button on the back of the camera. Tip: The reset button on the Nest Cam (battery) is located on the back of the camera head. Press and hold for 5 seconds. Your camera will restart, and the status light will be steady, solid white.
How do I reconnect my nest camera?
- On the app home screen, tap Settings.
- Select Home info then Home Wi-Fi help. Note: If you don’t find Home Wi-Fi help, you’ll need to remove your camera from the app and add it back with new Wi-Fi information.
- Select the camera you want to update.
- Tap Start. Update settings.
How do I manually reset Google nest?
On the back of your device, switch the mic off. The lights will turn orange. Press and hold the center of the Nest Audio, near the top. After 5 seconds, your device will begin the factory reset process.
Why is my nest camera offline?
In most cases, offline Nest Cam problems are due to poor WiFi connection or camera placement. It can also be due to a software update or router settings conflict. Regardless of the connection issue, the user needs to have physical access to the camera to fix it, avoiding possible security compromises.
Why is my Nest camera not working?
Make sure that you have the latest version of the Nest app on your phone or tablet. You can download it for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. To make sure you have the newest version, you can uninstall and reinstall the app. Restarting your camera will refresh your connection.
Why is my Google Nest camera not working?
1. Check your camera’s distance to the router or access point. Your camera may be out of range or it may be too close to the router. Try to move your camera closer to your Wi-Fi router or access point, then try connecting your camera to the app again.
How do I reset nest connect?
To restart Connect:
- While Connect is plugged in, hold down Connect’s button for about 8 seconds.
- Release the button when Connect pulses blue.
- Wait a few moments for Connect to find the network again. Check the Nest app to see if your Connect and Detects are back online.
How do I fix my nest camera offline?
Only your camera or doorbell is offline
- Restart your camera or doorbell.
- Turn off other devices connected to Wi-Fi.
- Move your camera, doorbell, router, or other things.
- Restart your router and modem.
- Disable any network extenders.
- Factory reset your camera or doorbell.
How do I reconnect my nest to Wi-Fi?
To connect your Google Nest to your home WiFi network, follow these steps:
- Press the ring on the Google Nest to bring up the menu.
- Select Settings.
- Turn the ring and select Network.
- Select your wireless network (it may take a moment for your network to appear).
- Enter your home Wi-Fi password.
- Select Done.
How do I reset my Google Nest hub?
How to Reboot a Google Nest Hub
- On the Google Home app home screen, tap your Nest Hub.
- Tap the Settings gear.
- Tap More (the three vertical dots) in the upper-right corner, then choose Reboot from the pop-up menu.
Where is the factory reset button on Google WIFI?
The factory reset button is located on either the bottom or the back of the device.
- Unplug your point from the power source.
- Press and hold the factory reset button on the device.
- The point will continue flashing blue for about 45 seconds, then it will turn solid blue.
How do I reset nest guard?
Restart Nest Guard
- With the app or Nest Guard, set Google Nest Secure to Off., or the alarm may sound.
- Press and hold the 5 button on Guard’s keypad until its light ring starts to spin blue (about 10 seconds).
- After a few seconds the light ring should turn off.
Why is my nest app not connecting?
Make sure your home Wi-Fi is working If you’re using a cell phone, make sure you don’t use cellular data to test your connection. Tip: To help make sure you’re not using cellular data, turn on Airplane mode and then turn on Wi-Fi. If you can’t connect, try using a different device to double check.