Following these steps to reconnect to wifi in the Ring app:
- Tap on the menu icon (three lines) in the top left corner.
- Tap Devices.
- Select the Video Doorbell or Security Camera you need to reconnect to wifi.
- Tap Device Health.
- Tap Reconnect to Wifi or Change Wifi Network.
Why won’t my Ring camera connect to my Wi-Fi?
Check that the Wi-fi network you are trying to connect to is on 2.4 Ghz – Ring only works with 2.4Ghz, unless you have the Ring Pro. Press the orange button on the reverse of Ring for 30 seconds – this is a factory reset and broke the loop of ‘unable to join’ and allows you to start the process again form scratch.
Do Ring cameras connect directly to Wi-Fi?
Yes, Ring’s cameras and doorbells can be connected to different home networks within your Ring app. You can also connect some devices to your WiFi network(s), and others to your Ring Chime Pro – it’s up to you.
Why is my Ring camera offline?
Why Ring Devices Can Go Offline You temporarily lose power. A wire in your router setup temporarily comes loose. You change your Wi-Fi network password. Your Ring device is suffering from low power due to a discharged battery.
How do I reconnect my wireless Ring?
To reset/reconnect Wi-Fi on the Ring Doorbell:
- Remove the doorbell from its mount.
- Log into the Ring app and tap the menu icon.
- Select your doorbell, followed by “Device Health” and “Change Wi-Fi Network.”
- Press the orange button on the back of your Ring.
- Use your phone to connect to the Ring.
Why is my Ring not connecting?
If you’re using an Android phone and can’t connect to the Ring network, you may need to adjust the Smart Network Switch. If you’re setting up a new Ring device that’s battery-powered, your battery will be partially charged when you receive it because there are legal restrictions on shipping lithium batteries.
Is Ring connected to Wi-Fi?
If you’re using Android, swipe down from the top of your screen, tap WiFi, then tap the Ring WiFi network. The network will be named something like Ring-123456. Then connect the Ring doorbell to your WiFi. Make sure to connect to the WiFi network closest to where the Ring doorbell will be installed.
How far can Ring camera be from router?
In general, a Ring Doorbell cannot be more than 30 feet away from the router.
How much Wi-Fi does Ring use?
Ring recommends having a bandwidth of 1 to 2-mbps for each connected device. This means a WiFi network with five Ring devices will need between 5 and 10-mbps.
How do I reset my Ring camera Wi-Fi?
Ring Spotlight Cam Battery
- Find the setup button on the top of the camera.
- Press and hold the setup button for 10 seconds.
- The light on the front of the camera will flash for several minutes; when the light turns off the reset is complete.
How do I fix my offline Ring camera?
Try removing and then replacing the internal battery. See if your Spotlight Cam automatically reconnects. Press the Setup button on the Ring device to put the device in Setup mode. Wait 10 seconds, then press it again and see if your Ring automatically reconnects.
Does Ring work without Wi-Fi?
Yes. Ring devices require a wireless internet connection for operation. Ring devices are compatible with wireless routers running 802.11 B, G, or N, on 2.4 GHz.