How to Add a Webcam in OBS
- Select video capture device. Click the + symbol under the ‘Sources’ section.
- Name the layer. When adding multiple layers it’s important to ensure you label the layer.
- Select the device.
- Optional – Adding the webcam’s microphone.
- Select the webcam under the audio tab.
How do I add an external camera to OBS?
Plug the webcam into the computer. Head to OBS Studio and click the + button at the bottom of the Sources box. Once there, select the option called Video Capture Device. A new dialog box will open, and the webcam should appear as a video source under Device.
Why is my camera not showing up on OBS?
The simplest solution is to reboot OBS. Close it down and open it again. Try restarting OBS and see if your webcam works. If it is still not working, try disabling your antivirus or firewall software.
How do I connect my camera to my computer for live streaming?
Steps to setup live streaming
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the camcorder HDMI output and the other end of the cable to the HDMI input of the video capture device.
- Connect the video capture device to the computer using the USB cable.
- Turn on the camcorder by moving the POWER switch to the CAMERA position.
Why is my webcam not being detected?
Causes of a Webcam Not Working A non-working webcam may be due to malfunctioning hardware, missing or outdated drivers, issues with your privacy settings, or problems with your antivirus software. Windows usually installs device drivers automatically when it detects new hardware.
How do I add Google camera to OBS?
For the settings of the Google’s meet conference, just click the three dots at the right bottom corner. See the settings for the video option, here you will need to select the camera, for it just click on the virtual camera you selected from the OBS software.
How do I add an overlay to OBS?
Here’s the first method:
- Scroll down to the “Sources” box. Then, click on the little “+” icon in the bottom-left corner of the box.
- From the pop-up menu, select “Text.” Next, add a title to the overlay and hit “OK.”
- A new window will appear.
- Once you’re done, click “OK.”