- On the app home screen, tap Settings.
- Select Home info then Home Wi-Fi help. Note: If you don’t find Home Wi-Fi help, you’ll need to remove your camera from the app and add it back with new Wi-Fi information.
- Select the camera you want to update.
- Tap Start. Update settings.
Why is my nest camera not connecting to Wi-Fi?
Your camera may be out of range or it may be too close to the router. Try to move your camera closer to your Wi-Fi router or access point, then try connecting your camera to the app again. Important: If you place your camera too close to the router, it can also cause connection problems. Try to move it a few feet away.
How do I get my Google nest camera back online?
4. Restart your router and modem
- Unplug your modem and router power cords. Tip: You may have a combination modem/router, or they might be separate devices.
- Wait for 30 seconds, then plug your modem and router back in.
- Your modem and router will restart.
- Open the offline camera’s video stream and wait a few minutes.
Why does my nest go offline?
The Nest thermostat may appear as offline if the battery level is under 3.6V. However, if it’s over 3.8V it should appear connected as the battery level is not low enough to automatically disconnect Nest from the network.
How do I connect my nest to Wi-Fi?
Add a point or an additional router
- Open the Google Home app.
- Tap Add Set up device New device.
- If prompted, choose a home.
- Select the device that you would like to set up as a point Next.
- Scan the QR code on the bottom of your device.
- Your point will now connect.
- Follow the in-app instructions to finish setup.
Why is my nest app not connecting?
Make sure your home Wi-Fi is working If you’re using a cell phone, make sure you don’t use cellular data to test your connection. Tip: To help make sure you’re not using cellular data, turn on Airplane mode and then turn on Wi-Fi. If you can’t connect, try using a different device to double check.
Why is my nest camera not loading?
Make sure that you have the latest version of the Nest app on your phone or tablet. You can download it for free from the Apple App Store or Google Play. To make sure you have the newest version, you can uninstall and reinstall the app. Restarting your camera will refresh your connection.
How do I reset nest connect?
To restart Connect:
- While Connect is plugged in, hold down Connect’s button for about 8 seconds.
- Release the button when Connect pulses blue.
- Wait a few moments for Connect to find the network again. Check the Nest app to see if your Connect and Detects are back online.
How do I reconnect my Nest camera after a power outage?
Nest Cam, Nest Cam IQ, or Dropcam
- Disconnect your camera from power by unplugging the power adapter from the electrical outlet.
- Wait 10 seconds.
- Plug the power adapter back into an outlet. Your camera will restart.