#1: Use System Preferences
- Go to the Apple menu.
- Choose System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Choose Camera from the lefthand menu.
- Allow the app to access your camera by ticking the box next to it.
How do I turn on the camera on my Mac?
To Turn on Camera on a Mac: Open Finder on your Mac, click on the Applications folder, and select Photo Booth. As soon as Photo Booth starts, the LED next to the built-in iSight camera should turn on, informing you that the camera is activated.
How do I access the camera on my MacBook Air?
How to Use the MacBook Air’s Camera
- Flip open the display to your MacBook Air.
- Click the “Photo Booth” icon on the dock to open the camera’s utility. Alternately, click “Applications” and click the “Photo Booth” entry in the list.
- Click the red “Camera” icon to take a still image.
Why does my Mac Say No camera available?
But if the camera isn’t working or if there is no camera available for an app on your MacBook, you might need to allow access in the System Preferences. Open the Apple menu and go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy. Select Camera from the sidebar, then check the box next to the app you want to use.
How do I enable my camera?
Tap Site Settings. Tap Microphone or Camera. Tap to turn the microphone or camera on or off. Allow.
How do I restart my Mac camera?
How to use Terminal to restart your Mac camera:
- To open Terminal, go to Applications > Utilities > Terminal in Finder.
- Type in the command sudo killall VDCAssistant and press Enter.
- Enter your password in the pop-up window.
- Open FaceTime again — the camera should now be working.
Why won’t my MacBook Pro camera turn on?
If the camera is not coming on with any app, check your system preferences to make sure you don’t have its permissions denied. And finally, shut down the computer and then turn it back on. If that still fails, it’s time to head to the Apple store or some other licensed service shop.
How do you access the camera on Safari on a Mac?
Allow Access to Camera in Safari
- Open Safari Preferences.
- Navigate to Websites.
- Go to Camera and Microphone tabs.
- Change access to Allow.
- Restart Safari.
How do I allow my computer to access my camera?
- Select Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera. In Allow access to the camera on this device, select Change and make sure Camera access for this device is turned on.
- Then, allow apps access to your camera.
- Once you’ve allowed camera access to your apps, you can change the settings for each app.