If your camera isn’t working, or if you see a message that says “No camera found”:
- Turn off your Chromebook, then turn it back on.
- Try using the camera in another app, like Hangouts. If it works in that app, uninstall the app where it doesn’t work, then reinstall it.
- Reset your Chromebook.
- Recover your Chromebook.
How do I get my camera to work on my Chromebook?
First, open the Camera app on your Chromebook. You’ll find it under the launcher menu. Tap the “Search” button on the keyboard and search for “Camera.” Alternatively, click the “All Apps” button and look for the camera icon. Once the app opens, click the shutter button, located on the right side, to snap a picture.
How do I reset my camera on my Chromebook?
The first thing you’ll want to do is to make sure that the camera isn’t obscured or damaged. Next, try to power down your Chromebook and power it back up again. Open the app launcher or press the Search key to locate the Camera app. Click on the built-in Camera app to see if it is working.
Why is my camera not working on Chrome?
Check the camera and mic are correctly connected and not blocked by any software on your system. Check if the Chrome extension was blocked from accessing the microphone and/or camera sometime earlier. On Mac devices you may also need to ensure system level permissions are enabled for Chrome (Mac OS).
How do I fix the camera on Google Chromebook?
How to Fix Camera Failed in Google Meet in Chrome
- Access the Chrome browser.
- From the top right, select More > Settings.
- Now, under Privacy and security, select Site settings.
- Next, under Permissions, select Camera.
- Click on the drop-down menu for Camera and change the permissions to Allow.
What happened to the camera on my Chromebook?
Go into Settings, click About Chrome OS, then select Check For Updates. After updating and a restart the camera icon should be back.
Why does my camera not work?
If the camera or flashlight is not working on Android, you can try to clear the app’s data. This action automatically Resets the camera app system. Go to SETTINGS > APPS & NOTIFICATIONS (select, “See all Apps”) > scroll to CAMERA > STORAGE > Tap, “Clear Data”. Next, check to see if the camera is working fine.
How do I fix my camera failed?
How to Fix the Camera Failed Error in Samsung Galaxy Smartphone Cameras
- Restart the Galaxy smartphone.
- Check for system and app updates.
- Power up in Safe Mode.
- Clear the camera’s app cache and storage data.
- Remove and then reinsert the microSD card.
- Turn off Smart Stay.
- Do a hard reset.
How do I unblock my camera?
- On your Android device, open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More (triple dots) > Settings.
- Tap Site Settings.
- Tap Microphone or Camera.
- Tap to turn the microphone or camera on or off.
- Look for Daily.co under the Blocked list.
- Unblock BOTH camera and mic.