Ring Stick Up Cam (1st Generation)
- Lift the small cover on the back of the camera to find the orange setup button.
- Press and hold the orange setup button for 20 seconds.
- The light on the front of the camera will flash for several minutes; when the light turns off the reset is complete.
Why is my ring stick up cam not working?
Check to make sure your Stick Up Cam is powered on and plugged in. Restart your router and run through the setup process again. Check the last reported signal strength for your Stick Up Cam in the Ring app. If it’s poor, you may need to move the cam closer to your router or consider using a Chime Pro.
Where is the Ring camera reset button?
To reset the Ring 2, hold down the black button on the front of the doorbell for 20 seconds. To reset the Ring Pro, hold down the black button on the right side of the camera for 20 seconds.
Can I restart Ring camera from app?
Rebooting the Ring Spotlight Cam Press the reset button on the top of the spotlight camera. Check your Ring app to see if the spotlight cam reappears as an available device once the wireless connection is reestablished.
How do you troubleshoot a Ring camera?
Check the following items.
- Fully close and re-open your app.
- Check to make sure your Indoor Cam is powered on.
- If not, try another outlet. The one you’re using may be faulty or associated with a light switch.
- Restart the router and run through the setup process again, making sure to correctly enter your password.
How do I reset my Ring?
Performing a hard reset
- To perform a hard reset, hold down the orange button for 20 seconds.
- After releasing it, the light on the front will flash a few times indicating that your Ring Doorbell is restarting.
- It may take a minute to fully complete this process.
How do I reset my doorbell camera?
To reset your Doorbell Camera:
- Remove the top cover from the bottom cover. Do this by pulling from the bottom of the doorbell.
- Press and hold the button on the cover until you see a blinking light (about 10s). The cover must be off in order for your doorbell to reset.
How do I get my Ring camera back online?
Follow these steps to reconnect your doorbell or security camera wifi in the Ring App:
- Tap on the three lines on the top left.
- Tap Devices.
- Select doorbell or security camera you need to reconnect to wifi. The next screen is the Device Dashboard.
- Tap on Device Health.
- Tap on Reconnect to Wifi or Change Wifi Network.
Can I reboot a Ring camera?
Press and hold the reset button atop the camera for 30 seconds. After releasing it, the status light located at the bottom will flash a few times indicating the camera is restarting. The camera is now reset to factory defaults.
Why Does My Ring camera go black?
Your Ring camera video feed can go black for a variety of reasons. The most common reasons involve problems with apps, a broken Ring device, or issues with your home Wi-Fi network. Ring servers can also go down which could cause the video feed to stop.
What is the blue light on Ring camera?
If you see the Ring Camera blinking blue when setting up the device, there is nothing to worry about. This is the camera’s way of notifying you that it is being set up. As soon as the setup is over, the light begins to change to a solid blue, indicating that the camera is starting to function.