How to Use the MacBook Air’s Camera
- Flip open the display to your MacBook Air.
- Click the “Photo Booth” icon on the dock to open the camera’s utility. Alternately, click “Applications” and click the “Photo Booth” entry in the list.
- Click the red “Camera” icon to take a still image.
How do I turn on my camera on my MacBook Air?
To Turn on Camera on a Mac: Open Finder on your Mac, click on the Applications folder, and select Photo Booth. As soon as Photo Booth starts, the LED next to the built-in iSight camera should turn on, informing you that the camera is activated.
How do I open the camera on my MacBook?
Launch the Finder on your MacBook, and then open the “Applications” folder and launch the Photo Booth software. The green light next to your MacBook’s camera comes on, indicating the camera is ready.
How do I use my Mac camera?
How to Enable the Camera on Mac
- In the Finder, open the Applications folder.
- Select an app that uses the iSight camera.
- As soon as you open PhotoBooth, FaceTime, or another iSight compatible app, the iSight camera activates.
Why does my MacBook Air say no camera available?
But if the camera isn’t working or if there is no camera available for an app on your MacBook, you might need to allow access in the System Preferences. Open the Apple menu and go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy. Select Camera from the sidebar, then check the box next to the app you want to use.
How do I enable my camera?
Tap Site Settings. Tap Microphone or Camera. Tap to turn the microphone or camera on or off. Allow.
How do I test my Mac camera?
Click the “Photobooth” icon on your MacBook’s dock or from the “Applications” folder. The webcam should turn on, presenting an image from the camera on the screen.
How do I make a video on my MacBook air?
Record a video
- In the Photo Booth app on your Mac, if you see the View Photo button or the View Video button, click it to see the Take Photo button or Record Video button.
- If the Record Video button isn’t showing, at the bottom left, click the Record a movie clip button.
- Click the Record Video button.
Why is my built in camera not working?
The main cause is usually incompatible, outdated, or corrupt driver software. It could also be that the webcam is disabled in Device Manager, the Settings app, or BIOS or UEFI. In Windows 10, the “webcam not working” issue can be fixed using the system option that manages webcam usage for your apps.
Why does my laptop say no camera available?
If your laptop camera doesn’t work or open, or you get an error saying that the laptop camera cannot be found or cannot start, it may be caused by antivirus software that is blocking it or an outdated webcam driver. You can also visit your antivirus software company’s website.
How do I reset my Mac camera?
How to use Terminal to restart your Mac camera:
- To open Terminal, go to Applications > Utilities > Terminal in Finder.
- Type in the command sudo killall VDCAssistant and press Enter.
- Enter your password in the pop-up window.
- Open FaceTime again — the camera should now be working.