If the ring/silent switch on the side of your iPhone is switched to silent, so too will your camera’s shutter sound be silenced. Just flip the physical switch on the left hand side of the phone down (or away from you on older models), revealing the orange color behind it, and you will have turned off the camera noise.
How do I turn off the camera noise?
You can find this process in your camera settings.
- In your phone’s main menu and tap the Camera icon, as you would to take a picture.
- Locate the camera settings — usually a gear icon somewhere at the top of the window.
- Find an option that says Shutter sound, Camera sounds, or something similar.
How do I turn on the shutter sound on my iPhone?
Switch Turn on Camera shutter sound on iPhone
- Simply take your iPhone on your hand, let’s a look left side edge on your iPhone. You will see a switch, upward on the Volume Up button.
- Just turn that switch in up position and your phone is ready for sound/ unmute.
How do I turn off camera sound on iOS 14?
When Live Photos is turned on, your shutter sound is turned off by default. In iOS 14, the Live Photos control is the series of circles at the top right of the screen. First tap to switch it on, and then tap the arrow at the top middle to fine-tune the control to Auto, On, or Off.
Why is my iPhone camera making a noise?
It is a mechanical sound from the camera when the camera is activated. When you put your ear to the camera and open the camera app or activate the camera in other apps you hear the mechanical noise.
Can you turn off shutter sound iPhone Japan?
However, according to Japanese law, you can’t do this. The reality is that all smartphones that are sold in Japan need to have the camera shutter sound on by default and it can’t be turned off.
How do I silence my iPhone?
The Ring/Silent switch is above the volume buttons on the left side of your iPhone. You’ll be able to find the switch here on all iPhones as the position has never changed. To silence your iPhone, flick the switch toward the back of the iPhone.