How to Connect a CCTV Camera to a Computer
- Position your camera.
- Determine the method of mounting the camera.
- Plug the supplied receiver into the wall adjacent to the computer.
- Install the software on your computer.
- Plug the camera into the camera’s power supply and the power supply into the nearest outlet.
Can I connect CCTV camera directly to computer?
Connect the camera to the computer. Some CCTV systems use coaxial cable, while others use standard USB cable. If your CCTV setup uses this configuration, connect each camera to an available port on the dedicated CCTV router and then connect the router to your computer.
How can I connect CCTV camera to PC without DVR?
How to Connect CCTV Camera to Laptop Without DVR
- 1 Understanding Closed Circuit TV.
- 2 Using a PC CCTV System.
- 3 Install CCTV Software.
- 4 Mount the Camera.
- 5 Link the camera to the Laptop.
- 6 Link the camera to power.
- 7 Launch and customize CCTV program.
- 8 Cloud-based surveillance cameras.
How do I connect a CCTV DVR with a laptop using an HDMI cable?
Attach an audio/video cable to the back of the DVR. If using an HDMI cable, simply align the prongs from the cable plug with the jack on the DVR and attach securely. If using RCA-type plugs, insert the red and white audio plugs into the red and white audio jacks (right and left, respectively) on the back of the DVR.
How do I connect my security camera to my computer?
How to Connect CCTV Camera to Computer
- Install CCTV software on your computer. Insert the software CD or DVD provided with your CCTV camera into your computer’s optical drive.
- Mount your camera.
- Connect the camera to the computer.
- Connect the camera to a power supply.
- Launch the CCTV software and configure it.
How do I connect my camera to my desktop?
Most webcams have a USB cable connected to them. Plug the USB cable into an available USB port on your computer. USB ports are on the back of the computer or the sides of a laptop. Newer operating systems, like Windows 8 and Windows 10, should recognize the webcam as connected.
Can CCTV work without WiFi?
Yes, they can! You can operate CCTV cameras without the internet, and what’s great is that they can even work without electricity. An internet connection is only required when the footage needs to be accessed remotely. Although using the internet has its benefits, it is certainly not a necessity.
Can you use a TV as a security camera monitor?
A TV can actually be used as a CCTV Monitor as long as the camera output and the TV input match. For example, the camera can provide an HDMI output and the TV is capable of accepting an HDMI input, so they can be easily utilized together.
How can I view CCTV on my computer?
Live View via PC Software or Mobile App
- Download and install the client PC software or mobile app.
- Launch the software or app and securely add the security camera using a QR code located on the recorder.
- Configure your surveillance settings to match your monitoring needs.
How do I connect my video camera to my laptop with HDMI?
Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the camcorder HDMI output and the other end of the cable to the HDMI input of the video capture device. Connect the video capture device to the computer using the USB cable. Turn on the camcorder by moving the POWER switch to the CAMERA position.
How can I watch Hikvision CCTV on my laptop?
- Open the web browser on your PC.
- Input the device IP address and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Input the device user name and the device password to login.
- Tap Configuration – Network – Advanced Settings – Platform Access to enter the Platform Access page.
- Check Enable.
- Tap Save to save the settings.